Boudin noir aux pommes et lentilles vertes
2 boudins noirs
1 litre chicken stock
200g Puy lentils
- Chop and sweat the onions in a little oil or butter.
- Peel and finely chop the apple. Add to the onions.
- Slice the boudins noirs about 1cm thick. I think you're also meant to remove the skins, as I had some strange chewy bits in mine. Add to the pan. Cook for a couple of minutes, stirring regularly.
- Pit and chop the prunes. Add these, the stock and the lentils to the pan.
- Bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes. Stir regularly, as lentils have a tendency to stick. Use your judgement, you may need to add a bit more water now and then.
- When lentils are cooked, remove from heat, and leave to rest for 5 minutes, allowing it to thicken slightly.
- Serve on a bed of mashed potato.
- And bon appetit!
|It tasted nicer than it looks, promise!|